We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We don’t share or sell any personally identifiable information publicly or with third parties, except when required by law.
Our Website and App may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
Your continued use of the Website and/or App will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us.
This policy is effective as of 31 March 2020.
- Collection of Personal Information
- We collect data you give us voluntarily (for example, when you choose your preferences, or send us an email). We also may receive data about you from third parties (for example, when you sign in via Facebook). Finally, we collect data automatically (for example, your IP address).
- Data you give us – You provide us information about yourself when you register for and/or use the Service. For example, name, dietary preferences, email address, your delivery address, your payment details, other personal information that we collect in the course of a transaction.
- Data provided by third parties – When you decide to log in using Facebook, we get personal data from your Facebook account. This includes your profile image, name, and Facebook ID. Unless you opt out on the Facebook Login screen, we will also collect other data, such as your email address. For more information, please refer to the Facebook Permissions Reference (describes the categories of information, which Facebook may share with third parties and the set of requirements) and to the Facebook Data Policy. In addition, Facebook lets you control the choices you made when connecting your Facebook profile to the App on their Apps and Websites page.
- Data we collect automatically – We also automatically collect from your device language settings, IP address time zone, type and model of a device, device settings, operating system, Internet service provider, mobile carrier, hardware ID, Facebook ID, and other unique identifiers (such as IDFA and AAID). We need this data to provide our services, analyze how our customers use the app, to improve the quality of our services and to personalize them to each individual.
- Data connected to third parties – For improving the app, we may share this data with third parties. Such parties include Facebook, Google, Apple, Appsflyer, Crashlytics, Firebase, Segment, Amplitude, Paypal, Braintree, Amazon Web Services, Shippit.
- Information Usage
- If you have provided your email address or phone number we may contact you with relevant information and promotional offers from HeartFood or third parties and about the use of your services. We may receive confirmation when you open an email from us; this helps us improve our services.
- We may share depersonalised information with our partners. We may also aggregate depersonalised information and share this with our partners for the purpose of understanding how our customers are using the services and improving them. Your individual personal information is never identified as any particular individual.
- We do not sell your personal information in a personally identifiable form to anyone.
- We may allow advertisers to see demographic information of users (depersonalised) and you agree that we may provide your depersonalised information with them.
- We may need to share your information with other companies we engage to perform certain tasks to provide HeartFood products and services to you. When this occurs the third party company has no rights to use your personal information for any purpose. For instance payment service providers and delivery providers.
- Some of your personal information may be displayed on the Website or App such as name, location, images or content you have shared with us, especially when you submit content or comments while using our services.
- We take a variety of steps to protect your personal information and keep it secured. However, we cannot guarantee that personal information will be 100% secure. Events such as unforeseen sophisticated cyber attacks or unauthorised access, although rate, may occur. We make our best endeavours to protect the privacy of the personal information we hold. For example, all communications with the app and website requires HTTPS, SSL, and password encryption.
- We do not save any credit card information – we use Braintree and Paypal for payments processing.
- Accessing, changing, or deleting your information
- Generally, we allow access to the personal information we hold about you.Should you require access you can do so by contacting us on hello @ heartfood.com.au. We will get back to you within 5 business days. Business days are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. We may need to verify your identity when you request personal information. Sometimes we may be unable to provide you with access to all your personal information and when this is the case, we will tell you why. Deleted information may be kept in backups for up to 90days.
- HeartFood reserves the right to charge an administrative fee for searching for, and providing access to, your personal information on a per request basis.
- Additional information regarding privacy may be obtained from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
- You can view, add, delete and amend the following information: email address, password, delivery address, credit card information, phone number and other information such as food preferences. This information may change as the service changes.
- You can delete your account by emailing: hello @ heartfood.com.au
- Contacting Us
- Changes to this policy